Since its founding, Inoue Jikuuke Kogyo (IJK) has been asking itself what makes the company unique among the many players in the bearing industry.
The answer to this question is best expressed by its attitude toward monozukuri: to focus on developing and manufacturing high-precision and specialized products that cannot be produced by any other companies to meet the changing times and varying needs of customers.
IJK promotes its business with the corporate philosophy of “Exploring niche products,” which expresses its business attitude.
IJK is determined to continue being the one and only bearing manufacturer, completely different from its competitors. To this end, the company will make aggressive efforts to develop and offer high-precision, specialized bearings, utilizing its outstanding human resources, advanced product technologies, and cutting-edge production technologies and facilities. Through these efforts, IJK aims to completely satisfy its customers, bring happiness to its employees, and thereby contribute to society as a whole.
Based on this belief, IJK has endorsed the SDGs and is committed to make aggressive efforts to achieve them.
IJK’s Commitment to SDGs
(Sustainable Development Goals)
Health and Safety
We will aim to realize a zero-disaster working environment and a healthy, positive work environment by establishing, maintaining and improving a safe and hygienic working environment.
- We opened a safety “dojo,” where training is held for employees on a regular basis with the aim of achieving zero occupational accidents resulting and not resulting in lost workdays.
- We hold meetings of the Health and Safety Committee and the Health and Safety Promotion Committee on a regular basis to identify and discuss issues between labor and management, based on which improvements are made.
- ISO45001 certification scheduled to be obtained (By the end of FY2022)
- We actively promote activities to quit smoking and to reduce the number of employees with clinical findings.
We will strive to conduct our business based on a basic policy that gives top priority to quality in order to achieve the required quality levels from a ‘customer first’ perspective. We will take on the challenge of creating new value and develop appealing products while complying with the requirements of laws and regulations at the same time.
- We opened a quality “dojo,” where knowledge and measurement education are held on a regular basis with the aim of preventing occurrences and recurrences of quality issues with a goal of reducing the number of quality issues to zero.
- We conform with international quality standards (ISO9001, IATF16949).
- We promote activities to reduce scrapping.
- We have introduced clean rooms.
- We hold quality liaison meetings with suppliers to share issues and make improvements.
Human Resources and Education
We established the Education Promotion Office to foster a corporate culture that can contribute to society. We provide high-quality education to all employees to offer them opportunities of lifelong learning.
- We established the Education Promotion Office, which provides human resources training and skill inheritance training on a regular basis.
- The Office provides compliance education to all employees on a regular basis.
- The Office provides compliance education required in each division on a regular basis.
- The Office participates in opinion exchanges with group companies to discuss and consider various work styles, including enhancing diversity at the workplace.
We will aim to become a sustainable company by contributing to society and pursuing employee happiness and customer satisfaction through the manufacturing of niche products with a focus on environmental efforts, in order to roll out our corporate philosophy of “Exploring niche products,” and through business activities that aim to achieve zero environmental load.
- Conformity with Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001).
- Activities to reduce environmental accidents.
- 「We hold meetings of the Environmental Management Committee, the Product Chemical Substance Committee and the Waste Committee on a regular basis.
- We provide environmental training on a regular basis to enhance employees’ environmental awareness.
- Clean plants
- We make efforts to improve our production facilities and work environment, with a target mist density of 0.3 mg/m3 and noise level of 80 dB.
- Energy and resource saving activities
- Various measures are implemented with the following targets: unit CO2 emission, PRTR substances: 1%/year year-on-year reduction; waste: 2%/year year-on-year reduction.
- Meetings of the Energy Savings Committee are held on a regular basis.
- Air conditioning equipment has been switched from GHP (gas) to EHP (electricity).
- Fluorescent lights are being switched to LED at all plants.
- Solar panels have been installed at the Mihara and Gojo Plants.
- Plans to reduce PRTR substances have been formulated and implementation confirmed; introduction of a waste oil treatment device is being considered.